Tuesday, November 23, 2010

finding my feet...

I took to partying weekends as a way to relieve boredom...
I would go with some girlfriends from work and it was always fun...
I guess the novelty of shawn's engagement wore off and he kept trying to get into my pants again...
but I was over him...I had a brief relationship with the unlikeliest of guys...he was a total nerd,
different from anyone I ever dated...hence it didn't last long.
His story was short and sweet,
I'll share it with you guys someday...

Months went by, I just kept meeting people and partying,
it was like I'd been freed from prison...
my pals and I danced many nights away...
Things also changed at the office as well...
management was reshuffled and we got a new Regional Vice-president, Mr. Clancy,
we'd heard so much about him,
he was supposed to be some kind of whiz kid, that rose through the ranks pretty fast,
rumour had it that he was quite unorthodox in his methods....
truth be told everyone was sceptical.

You know how they say anything that can go wrong will?
Well my morning was kinda like that, I spilled coffee on my skirt,
had to change, couldn't find the shoes I wanted to wear...
so, I was running late, I had to call in to tell Shawn to cover for me as I'd be a little late...
couldn't get through which was odd, so I sent him a message.
When I finally made it to the office,
my secretary told me that there was a meeting going on in the conference room
I asked why I wasn't informed she told me that it was impromptu...I walked into the conference room and the place was packed, all the regional and group heads where there! Impromptu my ass!


Apparently I came in the nick of time, I had barely taken a seat before I was called to make a brief presentation for my unit...I could see Shawn getting up to make excuses for me but he saw me walking forward, his relief was apparent, I was making a brief introduction of my unit and what we hoped to achieve in the new quarter when all of a sudden a man I'd never seen before, interrupted me... He went on to critique everything I'd said previously and threw many questions at me which I managed to answer skillfully.

After the meeting all unit heads and supervisors were asked to wait behind...that's when Shawn gave me the Heads up that the overly critical newcomer was our new vice-president Mr. Clancy.
He was tall, smartly dressed, wore glasses, I wouldn't call him handsome but he was far from ugly....He had a brief meeting with us in which he told us he'd work with each unit/sub-sector individually....the meeting ended and everyone was filing out, I was walking out the door when he called me back, he smiled as I approached, I was a bit taken aback, he had such a nice smile that made him look so attractive, he went on to say I was more beautiful than he was told, I blushed, I could feel the attraction...he asked me out to lunch to discuss business (of course) *here we go again*....

No comments:

Post a Comment